Freshersgo is a free job portal to find IT, BPO, Software, Technical,
A Platform To Showcase And Sell Your Crafts & Clothing.
Fueling entrepreneurship, Accelerating innovation.
Hi foodies, ever wondered how
Chinese women are so lean and vivid at the same time. China
features one of the worlds greatest cuisines. Chinese food is
eminent all ove...
Hi foodies, ever wondered how Chinese women are so lean and vivid at the same time. China features one of the worlds greatest cuisines. Chinese food is eminent all over the world.Chinese cuisine has countless delicious and mouth -watering dishes. Usually, in Indian or any other culture, the soups are served right at the beginning then we go ahead with the main course. Chinese follow a slightly different way, they eat their noodles /rice then munch through their soup. Rice is the staple food of China, so to make it more healthy they consume Brown Rice. Brown Rice is rich in fibers and it slows down the digestion. So the rest of the day you stay active consuming fewer calories. Here is one recipe inspired from Chinese cuisine. My recipe is the ghee toasted chicken in Brown rice stew.Vegetarians can replace Chicken with some Tofu or any other vegetables. Let's get started !!
Calories Intake: approx 300 calories per serving.
Brown rice preserves the nutritional value of rice by not losing its extra layers. Brown rice is an excellent source of manganese, selenium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, and niacin, vitamin B3 and healthy fibers.Chicken is a lean meat and is low in calories. Chicken is high in zinc which helps to maintain a healthy appetite. Chicken is also high in calcium, which is good for your bone health. Including this recipe in your diet can not only increase your metabolism but also help you lose those extra calories.Ghee is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
WHAT GOES INTO THE RECIPE?
Note: Slice the veggies half-sized or big pieces to get crunch when you bite into the stew.
1)1 cup of brown rice
2)1 cup of almonds
4)1 onion - roughly diced.
5)2 tsp of crushed / finely minced garlic cloves.
6)1 stalk of celery, quartered
7)1 large carrot
9)2 tsp of ghee
10)1 cup of boneless chicken breasts big chunks(washed and drained).
11)1 tbsp of tamari
13)1 tsp of chicken stock paste
14)1/2 cup of fresh peas.
15)1/2 cup of sweet corn.
16) cup Parsley finely chopped (garnish )
17) 2 Spring onions finely chopped(garnish)
18)1/2 cup button mushrooms- sliced.
HOW THE STEW GETS COOKED
1) Rinse the brown rice and almonds well and cook until soft and keep them aside .
2) Heat ghee in the cooking pan, add the chicken cubes fry until golden and keep them aside.
3) In the same pan, add the onion, garlic cloves, celery, mushrooms and carrot and toss for 5 minutes.Now add water, chicken stock paste, rice, tamari, lemon juice and reserved ground rice and almonds into the veggies tossed. Leave for 3 minutes until the mixture boils and combines together.
4) To the above mixture add peas, corn and leave for 2 minutes.
5) Now add the fried chicken and mix them all together.
6) Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and Spring Onions.Serve the stew hot with some grilled chicken and enjoy your food to the fullest without any guilt.