Freshersgo is a free job portal to find IT, BPO, Software, Technical,
A Platform To Showcase And Sell Your Crafts & Clothing.
Fueling entrepreneurship, Accelerating innovation.
Western India basically has the
Portuguese influence because of the rulers who ruled over these
regions. PORK VINDALOO is a folkl...
Western India basically has the Portuguese influence because of the rulers who ruled over these regions. PORK VINDALOO is a folklore of Goa.
It has its basis from the Portuguese settlers of the early 18th century. Pork steak got blended with Indian spices and now is the local cuisine of Goa. The recipe is best when the pork is slow cooked with the spices for a long time. Overcooking the pork is not recommended.
Cook until the pork stays squashy and firm.
Im a spice lover so Im using lots of chilies, those who like it mild, use fewer chilies say about 2 or 3.
Calories: About 300 calories.
2 tsp - whole cumin seeds
7 dry chilies
1 tsp - black peppercorns
1 tsp- cardamom seeds
1 medium length of cinnamon stick
2 tsp- whole black mustard seeds
1 tsp- fenugreek seeds
5 tsp - white wine vinegar
Salt - as required
1 tsp- brown sugar
1 cup -vegetable oil
Onions- 2(medium and sliced finely).
Water about 1 cup.
Pork -2 pounds (cut into medium sized cubes.)
Ginger small piece.
Garlic- a handful of it.
1tsp- ground coriander.
1 tsp- turmeric
2 tsp -ghee
1. Crush cumin seeds, red chilies, peppercorns, cardamom seeds, cinnamon, black mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds in the mixer together.
2. Now the pounded spices are put in a small bowl. To the above spice mix, add the vinegar, salt and brown sugar and rest aside.
3. To a wide cooking vessel, add the enough oil, onions in and deep fry until the onions turn golden brown.Fry the onions in low flame and try not to burn it, else they will give a bitter taste to the Vindaloo curry.
4. Now the fried onions are put in the blender along with 2 tsp of water to form a smooth puree.The ground onions are combined with the spices to form the Vindaloo paste. This is the base of the Vindaloo curry. The tanginess of the curry comes from the fried onions.
5. Heat ghee in the cooking vessel, add all the pork cubes until they turn slight brown or until they are semi-cooked. Keep in a cooker for 3 vessels.
6. To the same vessel add 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste, coriander, and turmeric.
7. Now add the pork cubes, Vindaloo paste that was prepared previously and add 1 cup of water to bring it to a boil and cook the pork for about 1 hour. Cook until the pork is tender and firm. This recipe can be in the form of gravy by adding extra water and to make it dry add extra 1 tsp of ghee to the pork and fry it on low flame until all the water from curry evaporates.
8. Serve Pork Vindaloo , hot with some steamed basmati rice.