Freshersgo is a free job portal to find IT, BPO, Software, Technical,
A Platform To Showcase And Sell Your Crafts & Clothing.
Fueling entrepreneurship, Accelerating innovation.
With the heated arguments going on for the Presidential
Elections, it would be useful to know how to obtain a Voter ID
Anyone who is 18 years or older on the 1st Jan of that
With the heated arguments going on for the Presidential Elections, it would be useful to know how to obtain a Voter ID card.
Anyone who is 18 years or older on the 1st Jan of that electoral year and is an ordinary resident of that constituency can apply for a voter id card. An ordinary resident means a person who lives and whose interest lies in that constituency. You can apply for your id in two ways- online and offline.
1. Download a copy of Form 6 from the official website or get it from the nearest Electoral Registration Office.
2. Fill the form in the manner prescribed and attach copies of documents of proof for your
(ii) Date and Place of Birth
(iii) Relations name (name of relative already registered)
(iv) Place of ordinary residence
3. Send this application to the electoral registration officer of the constituency in which you seek registration.
Different states have their own websites for online registration of the voters. Google search for the official website of your state. The official website for Karnataka is www.voterreg.kar.nic.in
1. Open the login page on the website and click on new registration. Fill your name, phone no. and e-mail id.
2. An e-mail containing your username and password is sent to your e-mail id. Use these to log in.
3. Fill up the Form 6 with soft copies of necessary documents.
4. Submit the form.
5. A booth level officer visits your ordinary residence and verifies the details.
6. If everything is in order, the application is accepted and an application number is generated. Your name will be included on the electoral roll.