Freshersgo is a free job portal to find IT, BPO, Software, Technical,
A Platform To Showcase And Sell Your Crafts & Clothing.
Fueling entrepreneurship, Accelerating innovation.
In today's world, we observe that the field of artistic work
emerging and reaching new heights. In this cut-throat competitive
field, it has become important to legally protect your work from
In today's world, we observe that the field of artistic work emerging and reaching new heights. In this cut-throat competitive field, it has become important to legally protect your work from prying hands. For the same reason, the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 was passed in the parliament.
According to Section 14 of the ICA,'"copyright" means the exclusive right subject to the provisions of this Act, to do or authorize the doing of any of the following acts in respect of a work or any substantial part thereof.'
In other words, Copyright is the right obtained over the creation of any literary or artistic work. Books, music, films, paintings, scriptures, etc. are covered under copyright. Any person who wants to write a book or make a film based on the writing or idea of another person should seek his permission for the idea that he has used.
The procedure for obtaining a copyright is very simple and can be done both online as well as offline.
1. The online Copyright Registration Form is to be filled up in four steps
(i) Complete the Form XIV, then press SAVE button to save entered details, and press Step 2 to move to Next Step.
(ii) Fill up the Statement of Particulars, and then press SAVE button to save entered details, and press Step 3/4 to move to Next step
(iii) Fill up the Statement of Further Particulars. This form is applicable for LITERARY/ DRAMATIC, MUSICAL AND ARTISTIC works, and then press SAVE button to save entered details and press Step 4 to move to Next Step.
(iv) Make the payment through Internet Payment Gateway
2. After successful submission of the form, Diary Number will be generated (Please note it for future reference).
3. Please take hard copy (print) of Acknowledgement Slip and Copyright Registration Report, and send it by post to
Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
G-30, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone No.: (Office) 011-2610011819
1. An application is to be filed with the Copyright Office along with the required fee. The fee can either be in the form of a Demand Draft or an IPO.
2. A diary number is issued and then there is a mandatory waiting period of 30 days for anyone to raise an objection.
3. In case there is no objection raised, the application is scrutinized by an examiner and if no discrepancies are found, the application is approved.
4. But if an objection is raised, a letter is sent to both the parties and the matter is heard by the registrar. If the application is accepted, a letter of discrepancies is issued to the applicant and a further hearing is conducted by the Registrar.
5. After the registration is approved, Extracts from the register are sent to the applicant.
After completing all of these steps one can obtain the copyrights of his or her work.
1. Application Form for Registration of Copyright (Form-XIV)
2. Application Form for Registration of changes in Particulars of Copyright (Form-XV)
3. Application Form for the Relinquishment of Copyright (Form-I)