Freshersgo is a free job portal to find IT, BPO, Software, Technical,
A Platform To Showcase And Sell Your Crafts & Clothing.
Fueling entrepreneurship, Accelerating innovation.
As the summer has already set in, most of us would have already
As the summer has already set in, most of us would have already have started complaining about the temperatures soaring and the electricity bills that comes with it.
These low cost methods will help you stay cool without using your AC:
1. Shade your windows with solar screens and reflective films to block the suns heat from entering the home.
2. You could also plant trees, vines and other plants to create shade. This also helps in blocking the solar radiation and at the same time help not just your home, but also helps the planet.
3. If your nights are cooler, then crack the windows a little to help cool down the home and circulate some fresh air.
4. You could also create your own cooling system is by placing a bowl of ice and salt in front of a fan. The ice helps lower the freezing point of the ice, and the fan will blow the freezing air at you.
5. If our ancestors have survived without the AC, so can we.Focus on the temperature in your body, not the house. Drink lots of fluids, and keep your body hydrated. That way, you can keep yourself both healthy and active.
6. Switch the incandescent lights that produce a lot more heat in your home with LEDs. It also helps reduce the bills end of the month.
7. If you can, use a light color for your house and roof. Light colors reflect the heat while darker colors absorb it.
8. In this new age of electronics, most devices emit more heat and are in need of charging. Turning off these devices when not in use is one simple idea to reduce heat in the house.
9. Be smart and use the right choice of clothing, that way you can look more trendy and at the same time, not absorb too much heat.
10. Know when to keep your doors and windows closed. Keep your doors closed during the hottest part of a day, that way youll welcome cooler air in the night to your rooms and enjoy a peaceful sleep.