Freshersgo is a free job portal to find IT, BPO, Software, Technical,
A Platform To Showcase And Sell Your Crafts & Clothing.
Fueling entrepreneurship, Accelerating innovation.
While enough has been said and written about global warming and the ecological imbalances, there have been very few initiatives that have actually grabbed these global threats by its neck and dared to take it down.
It is fascinating how a concern becomes a popular movement when a celebrity takes over. Leonardo DiCaprios attachment to Climate Change and his passionate initiatives to restore some order in the ecosystem is a classic case in point.
He made things clear when he chose The Oscar Award winning speech to reinforce whats hes striving to achieve since over a decade: Bring in more awareness and initiative for a long term health and wellbeing of the Earths inhabitants.
Heres how he is championing his cause:
1. Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation was set up to formulate constructive plans to achieve a great ecological balance. It was found in the year 1998.
2. The Foundation focuses on six key areas namely : Wildlife Conservation, Climate Change, Indigenous Rights, Marine Conservation, Innovative Solutions and Public Advocacy.
3. They have so far brought in $61.1 million to fund various pressing issues.
4. It has collaborated with 70 plus organisations that are all in sync with the concerns of the foundation.
5. DiCaprio was instrumental in bringing environmentally intelligent practices in all the organising processes of The Oscars in 2007. That move is now a common feature.
6. Many of his films have an inspiring message about environmental issues including 11th Hour, Carbon, and Before the Flood
7.. $7 million donation to save the oceans and another $ 3 millions towards marine life preservation in 2014.
8. In 2014, the United Nations named him the UN Peace Messenger where his primary role includes promoting global action against climate change
9. As a partner of the World Wildlife Fund, Dicaprio donated $3 million to help Nepal double its wild tigers by the year 2022.
10. He is coming up with a eco resort that is outrageously in sync with nature called the Blackadore Caye, off the coast of Belize.