Freshersgo is a free job portal to find IT, BPO, Software, Technical,
A Platform To Showcase And Sell Your Crafts & Clothing.
Fueling entrepreneurship, Accelerating innovation.
Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam will forever remain in our hearts as the
'People's President'. He was one of the most down
to earth people ever and was loved and praised for his
Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam will forever remain in our hearts as the 'People's President'. He was one of the most down to earth people ever and was loved and praised for his humility not only in India but throughout the world. Today, 27th July marks as the second death anniversary of Dr. Kalam. Here are a few facts that highlight the magnanimity of the man and why he will rule our hearts forever.
1. He was born into a family with limited means and started selling newspapers as a child to supplement his family's income.
2. He was the first President to be sworn in without hailing from a political background. He was a scientist before and a teacher after his Presidency tenure.
3. In the Rashtrapati Bhawan, he often had his meals on the floor along with the staff who worked with him.
4. He was the cleanest politician India had ever seen and remained uninvolved in political nuances even during his tenure.
5. Dr. Kalam once rejected the proposal to put broken glass on the wall of a building that required protection because broken glass would be harmful to birds.
6. Despite his busy schedule he used to answer all the mails addressed to him, even those written by school kids. Moreover, he wrote his thank you cards himself.
7. Dr. Kalam claimed the greatest achievement of his career was designing low-weight Ortho callipers for kids who were affected by Polio.
8. He interacted one to one with the students of the universities he visited and made them feel warm and special. He always wore a smile and encouraged children to work harder.
9. He invited a cobbler from Kerala and a small hotel owner from Trivandrum as Presidential guests.
10. After a single term of presidency, he resumed a normal life as a teacher and guest lecturer at India's renowned institutions.
He rose really high in life but always stuck to his roots, inspiring young India to achieve everything that they dreamt of. He was a living inspiration all his life and continues to give India the power to dream through his memorable speeches that he left behind.